Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time out!

Welcome to the halfway point! Starting tomorrow I will be on my week-long spring break, and won't have access to the internet, because I will be taking a relaxing break from the world of the wired here:

(Bedouin Moon Village hotel. 12 K from Aqaba, on the Red Sea. S-N-O-R-K-E-L-I-N-G.)



and here:
(Wadi Rum. We arranged to sleep under the stars in the desert this coming Tuesday, and to tour around on camels the next morning. Like you do.)



and here.

(Probably the place I'm the most excited about, my first of the seven wonders of the world: the ancient city of Petra.)

Anyway, there won't be much time for blogging; I'll be too busy tanning, admiring the coral reefs, playing my mandolin under the desert sky, riding camels and pretending to be Indiana Jones. By the time I write next, I will have my own photos of these places and won't have to steal them from the internet! Hope you all have great weeks!

!اللة معكم



4 comments:

  1. but it won't be as good as mi-ine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuuuuck i just wrote up a comment and then lost it all!!

    anyway.
    1) JEALOUS. sleeping under the stars in the desert sounds particularly divine. Spain has been pretty cloudy lately -- I KNOW, right??
    2) i don't want to be that person, but i kind of am, so i guess i'll just say that there's an E in "snorkeling."
    3) camels there: bactrian or dromedary? i suppose i could just wikipedia it. NERD ALERT.

    miss youuu! take a photo for me from the back of a camel!! do they let you do that? how long can a camel walk without having to sit down or whatever? what do camels eat? do they close their eyes when they sleep? so many questions.

    love you lots

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah

    1) the only thing that could make this better would be if you were here with me. what's better than sleeping under the stars? SNUGGLING UNDER THE STARS

    2)except that as soon as I saw your comment I had to change my egregious typo

    3) dromedary. bactrians are found in Mongolia and China, actually, while the other name for dromedaries is "Arabian camels".

    ReplyDelete